DMEF Announces 2012 ‘Rising Stars’ and ‘Corporate Commitment’ Award Winners
Press release (March 21, 2012) — The Direct Marketing Educational Foundation (DMEF) today announced the winners of its 2012 Rising Stars Awards, and its 2012 Corporate Commitment Award. The awards recognize emerging leaders in the direct and interactive marketing field who serve as mentors to others.
This year’s five Rising Stars are: Scott Ellis, vice president, client solutions, Adworthy; Linda Gharib, senior vice president, North American consumer marketing, online acquisitions, Citigroup (Citi); Robert Reynolds, vice president, marketing planning and analysis, Guthy-Renker; David Rosenbluth, vice president, marketing, Gerber Life Insurance Company; and Jonathan Sander, director, planning and social media, Mason Zimbler, a Harte-Hanks Company. This year’s Corporate Commitment Award winner is Acxiom.
These prestigious awards will be presented at the Rising Stars Awards Dinner on Tuesday, June 5, from 6:00 to 10:00 p.m., at Gotham Hall in New York City. The Awards Dinner is the only event in the nation dedicated to recognizing young professional leaders in direct/interactive marketing while supporting programs in higher education that attract the best and brightest students to the field.
“Now in its sixth year, the DMEF’s Rising Stars Awards Dinner is the one annual event that recognizes young direct/interactive marketing professionals who have demonstrated professional excellence as well as a proven track record for giving back through education and mentoring in the field of direct/interactive marketing,” said Richard Hochhauser, DMEF Chair.
“By honoring our 2012 Rising Stars — Scott Ellis, Linda Gharib, Robert Reynolds, David Rosenbluth, and Jonathan Sander — DMEF is acknowledging the next wave of marketing leaders,” Hochhauser said. “Moreover, it should come as no surprise that Acxiom — whose name is synonymous with giving back to this industry — has been chosen as the 2012 Corporate Commitment Award winner. I tip my hat to all of these remarkable honorees.”
2012 DMEF Rising Stars Award Winners
This annual award pays tribute to the most talented professionals, 40 years of age or younger, in the field of direct/interactive marketing. Winning candidates demonstrate superior leadership abilities — including a strong track-record of outstanding results — and a stellar reputation for “giving back” through education and mentoring to support future generations in this field.
· Scott Ellis, Vice President, Client Solutions, Adworthy (www.adworthy.com) — Ellis has dedicated 12 years to a variety of marketing and business development roles across the technology, hospitality, and sports industries. At Adworthy, he provides clients with strategic advisory services and tactical marketing solutions driven by technology. The company specializes in creating and delivering unified client brand messages across SEO, paid search, and social media. Prior to joining Adworthy, Ellis was CEO of Rocketseed, an email marketing company for which he still serves as a director. His past positions include marketing director for London at Hilton Hotels Corporation and sales & marketing director at Goodform Ltd.
During the past two and a half years, he has been an invaluable member of DMEF’s Board of Trustees. Ellis has provided extensive pro-bono services, and is a driving force in strategizing and implementing DMEF's search engine strategy, which has skyrocketed DMEF’s search results. He is also a committed volunteer for the Email Experience Council and the Direct Marketing Club of New York.
· Linda Gharib, Senior Vice President, North American Consumer Marketing, Online Acquisitions, Citigroup (Citi) (www.citigroup.com) — Gharib is currently focused on lead generation, digital marketing, and cross-channel integration for Citi. Gharib previously held several digital media roles at Microsoft Advertising, where she spent nearly five years developing integrated marketing strategies for clients. She is also an adjunct professor of Internet marketing & global business for the Zicklin School of Business MBA program, and serves as co-chair of 212 New York’s Interactive Advertising Club’s professional development committee. Gharib holds an MBA in marketing from Zicklin and studied international marketing at the Thunderbird School of Global Management in Switzerland.
· Robert Reynolds, Vice President, Marketing Planning and Analysis, Guthy-Renker (www.guthy-renker.com) — Reynolds joined Guthy-Renker four years ago to create a department of skilled data-crunchers focused on building the business and enhancing the current direct response (DR) model. He spends a significant amount of time educating industry newcomers about DR basics as well as advanced analytics. He is a major contributor to the training and education in the area of data-based decision-making, restructuring the collective strategic direction for the company’s direct-marketing model.
· David Rosenbluth, Vice President, Marketing, Gerber Life Insurance Company (www.gerberlife.com) — At Gerber Life Insurance Company, Rosenbluth and his team increased acquired policies by more than 20 percent in the past year, helping the organization surpass $500 million in revenue. Prior to Gerber, he served as senior vice president in the consumer banking division at Citi, and is currently a sponsor and manager in DMEF’s Next Generation Leaders program. A two-time recipient of the President’s Leadership Award, Rosenbluth has also lead Citi’s Management Associate program, where he helped to train, coach, and place dozens of students in their first marketing jobs after business school.
· Jonathan Sander, Director, Planning and Social Media, Mason Zimbler, a Harte-Hanks company (www.mzl.com) — An innovator in the area of digital strategy and social media, Sander has created an internal social-selling course for Harte-Hanks and its salespeople and managers across the globe, as well as for Mason Zimbler’s business-to-business clients. Although just a few years out of college, Sander serves as a mentor to recent graduates and college students looking to start a career in social media and frequently participates in career events at local universities. He is a member of AD2TX, an Austin, Texas-based group dedicated to supporting student marketers wishing to network among professionals in the marketing space. Sander is also a driving force for Mason Zimbler’s pro-bono work with the Austin Children's Shelter.
2012 DMEF Corporate Commitment Award Winner
This award honors companies that regularly demonstrate a commitment to excellence in all areas of direct/interactive marketing education, creating a culture that nurtures talent and education — both internally and within the broader business community.
· Acxiom Corporation (NasdaqGS: ACXM) (www.acxiom.com) — Acxiom Corporation is committed to demonstrating excellence in its products, employees, and clients. The skills and dedication of its associates transformed the organization from a small data-processing company into a market leader recognized for its technology and marketing services. The company successfully manages audiences, personalizes consumer experiences, and creates profitable customer relationships. As a strong supporter and partner of DMEF, Acxiom is educating the next generation of direct marketers first-hand through internship and student career exchange programs.
“At Acxiom, we believe innovation is almost always the product of collaboration and iteration. When smart, creative people come together to share diverse perspectives and brainstorm possibilities, amazing ideas often emerge,” said Scott Howe, president and CEO of Acxiom. “We sincerely appreciate the DMEF for acknowledging Acxiom’s dedication to cultivating learning, and we are honored to be recognized with the 2012 Corporate Commitment Award.”