9 Fundraising Myths Shattered
Facebook Facebook Twitter Twitter LinkedIn LinkedIn Email Email 0 Comments Comments
As a nonprofit professional, you’ve likely seen and heard your fair share of nonprofit gossip and fundraising myths. It can be difficult to tell myth from reality, especially when so many nonprofit best practices are just bad pieces of advice that get spun into the truth.
But have no fear! We’re about to shatter some of those pesky myths once and for all.
Below is what we’ll be covering in this article. Click one of the myths to jump to that page, or click here to view all nine on one page. Now let's bust some myths!
- Small Nonprofits Don’t Need a Major Gifts Strategy
- Advocates and Donors Are Two Groups That Don’t Overlap
- You Need an Outside Consultant for Your Capital Campaign
- There’s No Science to Storytelling
- Nonprofits Don’t Need to Worry About Customer Service
- Peer-to-Peer Fundraising Is Only for 5Ks and Fun-Runs
- Direct Mail Is Dead
- You Can Get By Without Donor Feedback
- You Should Focus on Quantity Over Quality
E Adam Weinger Author's page
Adam Weinger is president of Double the Donation, an organization that helps nonprofit organizations and schools increase fundraising from corporate matching gift and employee volunteer grant programs.