8 Key Indicators of a Strong Nonprofit Fundraising Campaign
What are the key indicators of a strong nonprofit fundraising campaign? In order to have a strong fundraising campaign of any sort, whether it be capital, endowment or even annual, you need several hallmarks of success in place before you launch it.
What are the hallmarks of any fundraising campaign?
Let me share with you what is needed to ensure your next fundraising campaign’s success.
1) First, you need a dedicated group steering the planning of the effort and ensuring that there are enough capable and willing “askers.” Out of this group, you need strong campaign leadership to emerge in the form of campaign chairs.
2) A strong campaign plan outlining the goals, purpose and particulars of the campaign, including timing and gifts needed, is critical. You wouldn’t want to operate any campaign without a strong road map of how you propose a strategy to unfold.
3) An established database of prospects capable of making the gifts indicated in the gift range chart that you note above.
4) A Case for Support or rationale for the need for contributed income, a media plan, a calendar of events and key messaging.
5) A cadre of willing and supportive ambassadors close to your cause who can champion it on many different levels, including influence and connections.
6) Events that build cultivation and solicitation moments into the campaign, whether they are recruitment, fundraising or thank-you events.
7) A hard start and end date for the campaign to prevent campaign lulls and to foster continued momentum.
8) Develop a donor stewardship program for all those donors who supported the fundraising campaign. Those “moves” may include things such as annual face-to-face meetings, a director’s update and invitations to post-campaign events. Be sure that you have identified appropriate donor recognition opportunities for acknowledgment purposes.
Above are the hallmarks of a strong fundraising campaign. If you lack any of the above elements, you may want to consider how you can “shore up” the missing components and create a really strong campaign that meets goals and your mission.
As a “top-in-the-field” Certified Fund-Raising Executive, who has been billed as one of LinkedIn’s top philanthropy voices of the year, Robin Cabral has the skills and experience to focus your efforts, drive your results and enhance your ability and confidence through easy-to-understand and informative strategies, tools and templates.
Helping fundraisers just like you excel and succeed in their careers through her unique programs, her approach is customized for those new to fundraising, wanting to excel in their new fundraising job or role, or advance in their career. She serves both fundraising professionals and executive directors alike.
She provides fundraising strategies, tactics and tools, including coaching, training and content for fundraising success.
Find out more at www.developmentconsultingsolutions.com.