43 Ways to Turn Your Supporters Into Fundraising Superstars
Turning your everyday supporters into fundraising superstars isn't easy. It requires the right combination of fundraising expertise, engaged staff members and savvy technology. When done well, supporters can raise significant amounts of money and bring new donors to your organization. So how can you help supporters become fundraising superstars? Here are 43 tips, organized by topic and ordered from easiest to hardest to implement, for turning supporters into fundraising superstars.
Teach them to fundraise and provide samples
2. Try making fundraising a game by offering rewards for levels achieved, e.g., a $50 gift card for $5,000 raised.
3. Encourage them to start a team of fundraisers. Not only do teams raise more money for your organization, but they also add camaraderie and competition to fundraising.
4. Hold contests. After the initial excitement wears off, your fundraisers may need motivation. Create contests that reward fundraising activity. For example, the highest fundraiser in September receives four movie passes.
5. Provide samples of everything. Don't let your fundraisers get stuck on something you can easily provide. Supply sample fundraising e-mails, Facebook posts, tweets, phone scripts, thank-you notes, approved logos, etc.
6. Provide fundraising success stories. Tell them how to raise money, challenges they will likely face and the impact their donations will have on your mission.
7. Provide fundraising tips so they know how to get started. Not every method of fundraising is for everyone. Provide numerous ideas, but emphasize the most efficient methods.
8. Tell them how to approach their business contacts. Contacting a vendor or customer is different from asking their neighbors for support.