43 Ways to Turn Your Supporters Into Fundraising Superstars
9. But, let them know your key corporate relationships. You probably already receive support from many local companies so avoid embarrassment and disappointment by disclosing who already generously supports your cause.
10. Offer tips for approaching the media. Your fundraisers may be fearless in promoting your cause, but when approaching the media, they may need help. Offer tips and advice on how to receive coverage of their efforts.
11. Explain which types of fundraising events are most efficient. Recommend focusing on events that raise the most money for the least amount of work.
12. Hold fundraising lunches/seminars/receptions to teach them how to fundraise. While success stories may provide ideas, these sessions let fundraisers "ask the experts" and get any questions they may have answered.
13. Create an online community for your fundraisers to interact and share their ideas. Provide a way for them to collaborate and share great tips or advice.
Connect them to your cause
14. Allow your fundraisers to raise restricted money. They may have been moved by one aspect of your cause and will want to fundraise for it.
15. Invite your top fundraisers to join your volunteer committee. This makes fundraisers feel closer to your organization and responsible for its success. It also injects some new enthusiasm and ideas into your committees.
16. Offer a tour of your hospital/school/office to further connect them to your cause. Meeting the people who are helped and seeing the places that are impacted by their efforts gives your fundraisers extra motivation.
17. Keep them updated on how donations will be used. Tell them the outcomes of their hard work.
18. Celebrate their accomplishments annually with a thank-you party, dinner or reception. It's an extra opportunity to say thank you, connect them to your mission and encourage future participation.