Founder of Kiva.org to Speak at World’s First Virtual Fundraising Conference
RA’s partner in IFC Online is US online training provider Forum for Fundraising; while Learning Times, an online community for American training professionals, has been engaged to host the conference website.
IFC Online programme
The IFC Online programme consists of 10 60-minute practical ‘workshops’ (including 30 minutes Q&A) and three 45-minute plenaries (including a 15-minute Q&A session).
Each workshop will be delivered twice over the three-day period from 12-14 May, 2009; plenaries will be delivered once only.
Plenary sessions (60 minutes)
- Plenary 1: Using video to connect with your donors and prospects. Ramya Raghavan, manager of nonprofits and activism at YouTube
- Plenary 2: Getting inside the donor’s head to create effective online fundraising. Premal Shah, president of Kiva.org
Workshops (90 minutes)
- Developing a digital strategy for your organisation. Jason Potts (UK) – THINK Consulting Solutions
- Engaging the mobile and social network ‘trysumers’: converting web visitors and activists into donors. Marcello Iniarra (Argentina) – consultant
- Maximizing the value of your donors with an integrated direct response strategy – online, mail, phone, mobile, direct dialogue, and major donor. Mal Warwick (USA) – Mal Warwick Associates
- Cultivating major donor relationships online. Nick Allen (USA) – Donordigital
- Making social media work, from walkathon personal pages to Facebook. Mike Johnston (Canada) – HJC
More to be announced. Programme subject to change.
As well as the educational sessions there will be an online community with member introduction areas, downloadable materials, and topic-based discussion areas. Once the conference is under way, the site will take on the buzz and the frenzied pace of the best offline conferences.
Delegates can log on from anywhere – all that is required is a good connection speed on and access to a phone line. The cost of registering for IFC Online is US$275 (£190).
For more information about IFC Online, visit www.fundraisingonline.com or contact Alan Bird, marketing and communications director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.