Candid’s free Demographics API enables funders to make informed, impactful giving decisions
To better understand the demographic identities of those working in the social sector and reduce the reporting burden on nonprofits, Candid collects and shares demographic data about staff from a growing number of U.S. nonprofits and foundations. This initiative, Demographics via Candid, allows nonprofits to share demographic information one time on their Candid profile, where funders, researchers, donors, and other stakeholders can easily access it.
Candid’s Demographics API builds on Candid’s data capabilities, providing developers with a powerful tool that is:
- Comprehensive. More than 55,000 nonprofits have submitted demographic data, all of which is accessible via the API.
- Easy to use. The API is predictable, reliable and standardized so that developers can seamlessly incorporate it in their systems.
- Current. Candid’s data is updated in real time, which means developers get access to the most relevant information.
- Free. The Demographics API is freely available to all.
Funders and other organizations that support nonprofits can incorporate demographic data directly into their grants management systems to ensure their data is always up to date. With the Demographics API, funders can work with developers in nonprofit technology to:
- Streamline grant application processes while gaining access to detailed, insightful, and actionable data.
- Automatically add demographic data as new grant applications are submitted.
- Make informed giving decisions.
- Create data-driven reports and analyze the impact of grantmaking programs.
Alison Jannette, director of product management at Candid, said, “The Demographics API provides the social sector with a standardized demographic data structure. It allows funders to streamline their grantmaking processes and track progress on their funding commitments while reducing the administrative burden on nonprofits.”
The Demographics API is hosted on Candid’s developer portal. Candid provides in-depth guides with detailed information and recommendations to help developers personalize the API to best address their organizations’ needs.
The preceding press release was provided by a company unaffiliated with NonProfit PRO. The views expressed within do not directly reflect the thoughts or opinions of the staff of NonProfit PRO.