Using 4 Online Tools to Inspire Volunteers and Donors, Part 1
He then shared six ways to maximize attendance at your event:
- Consider your audience. To maximize attendance, find the optimal date, time and location by sending people a survey before the event.
- Set goals. Three are three key questions to ask yourself: What do you want to achieve by hosting this event? What topics do your attendees want to see? What will your attendees achieve by attending?
- Send personalized e-mails. Personalized e-mail invitations make your event feel more special.
- Include social media. Social media should be part of the before, during and after communications of your event. "Social media is great in parallel with your event because it builds buzz. LinkedIn groups are a great way to empower people to create discussion groups," Mintz said.
- Make registration simple. Keep the registration form short and to the point. Ask only relevant questions, and avoid asking for information you don't need.
- Get feedback with a post-event survey. Use the findings to help make your next event even better.
Check back to tomorrow for part 2.