The Trinket Dilemma: Considering the Pros and Cons of Premium Incentives
- Sponsorship or adoption offers allowing donors to help underwrite key elements of your program;
- membership or supporter campaigns;
- bounceback devices like cards that donors can sign and return. These give donors a sense of direct contact with the individuals they are helping;
- involvement devices such as petitions and surveys; and
- gift demonstration vouchers that tie specific gift amounts to specific items or services your program provides.
Willis Turner believes great writing has the power to change minds, save lives, and make people want to dance and sing. Willis is the creative director at Huntsinger & Jeffer. He worked as a lead writer and creative director in the traditional advertising world for more than 15 years before making the switch to fundraising 20 years ago. In his work with nonprofit organizations and associations, he has written thousands of appeals, renewals and acquisition communications for every medium. He creates direct-response campaigns, and collateral communications materials that get attention, tell powerful stories and persuade people to take action or make a donation.