Leading the Charge
June’s cover story examines how the Wounded Warrior Project, led by Founder and Executive Director John Melia, embraces multichannel strategies to fund its mission to transition America’s youngest disabled vets back into civilian life.
It’s Gold Awards Time Again!
Hard to believe, but the deadline for FundRaising Success’ fourth annual Gold Awards for Fundraising Excellence already is fast approaching! Cut-off for entries is July 11. You can find the entry form here.
The categories will be pretty much the same as last year, with some minor changes. Categories are:
* Direct Mail: Acquisition (50,000 or more mailed)
* Direct Mail: Acquisition (Fewer than 50,000 mailed)
* Direct Mail: Renewal (50,000 or more mailed)
* Direct Mail: Renewal (Fewer than 50,000 mailed)
* Special Appeal
* Package of the Year: The highest overall points-getter from among the other direct-mail winners
* Grand Control of the Year: Chosen from among the controls in the Who’s Mailing What! Archive
* E-philanthropy: For campaigns centered around e-mail and Web, with no direct-mail components
* Multichannel: For campaigns that combine any number of strategies, including direct mail
* Fearless Fundraising: For innovative, push-the-envelope campaigns that employ elements of mobile, guerrilla, social-networking or other cutting-edge strategies.
Gold Awards season is a busy time for us here at FS, but it’s also a lot of fun and gives us an opportunity to spend time with some of the best fundraising efforts the sector has to offer. We’re already looking forward to an influx of entries.