Instagram To Match Seven Users’ Fundraisers Through Giving Tuesday
To celebrate Instagram’s 11th birthday on Oct. 6, the social media platform announced it would match fundraisers of seven artists and creators through Giving Tuesday.
The seven influencers either have already established or will establish Instagram fundraisers that the social media platform will match up to $50,000 by the fundraising day that lands on Nov. 30 this year.
“Being in a position to give back to the city of Louisville is both one of the greatest rewards and greatest responsibilities of my career,” Harlow said in a statement. “The Center for Women and Families is an incredible organization that is doing so much great work in the city, which is why I was elated when Instagram reached out about how they can join me in giving back to the center. I’m honored that they have asked me to be a part of the fundraising initiative they are doing to celebrate Instagram’s birthday. Thank you again to everyone at Instagram for all that you do…happy birthday!”
Intersectional Environmentalist, an environmental nonprofit focused on historically excluded voices, is fundraising for itself, though it hasn’t launched the campaign yet.
“The intersectional environmentalism movement was sparked with the power of social media, and this momentum allowed us to found our organization Intersectional Environmentalist,” Diandra Marizet, executive director of Intersectional Environmentalist said in a statement. “This fundraiser will support our goals of providing free and accessible education and events on climate justice, promoting BIPOC joy and community, and amplifying diverse perspectives to create a more equitable future for all people and planet.”
The other Instagram content creators selected for the matching donation for their fundraisers include:
- LGBTQ+ activist Bunny Michael is supporting The Trevor Project and has raised about $1,000 as of publication.
- Pubity Earth, a travel marketing influencer, will create a fundraiser to benefit charity: water.
- Pet video content provider Pubity Pets will fundraise on behalf of World Wildlife Fund.
- The Shade Room, an entertainment news content creator, will advocate for Peace4Kids.
- Impact, a social impact content provider, is still searching for the perfect nonprofit to support.