eReleases Launches CauseWire, Where Nonprofits Communicate Their Cause
BALTIMORE, Feb. 10 — eReleases today launched CauseWire, the Nonprofit Wire(TM), a new alternative for nonprofit organizations to spread the word about their worthy causes. CauseWire features newswire distribution, media targeting and online visibility to meet the special publicity needs of one of the most dynamic segments of American society, the nonprofit sector. According to the National Center for Charitable Statistics, there are some 850,455 IRS-registered public charities in the U.S., and in 2004, 8.3 percent of wages and salaries paid in the U.S. originated from nonprofits.
eReleases has provided a nonprofit discount to eligible 501(c)3 organizations for years, but customer feedback showed that the nonprofit community could benefit from its own central press release hub — a site where nonprofits know fair pricing is available but not at the expense of first-rate customer service and depth of distribution. "At CauseWire, nonprofits can expect the same level and value of service for which small and medium-sized businesses depend on eReleases," said Mickie Kennedy, eReleases founder and CEO.
Why CauseWire, and Why Now?
* Pioneering new programs and awareness-raising events deserve the media and public exposure press releases can provide.
* Quiet good deeds have their place, but paradigm-shifting advocacy and community services are only as valuable as their visibility allows.
* A solid press portfolio augments fundraising efforts.
* Wide publicity of good works and pathmaking programs gives organizations the accountability they need to project to donors and decision-makers.
* Smaller nonprofits do not have media departments; many staff members are overtaxed in the jack-of-all-trades role. Press release writing and distribution services help make optimal use of limited personnel and budgetary resources — and allow staff to concentrate on their important work.
* Nonprofit voices are strong, but it is challenging to compete with the steady stream of woeful news on the economy and global policy decisions. Press releases, particularly those with a professionally crafted message, can help amplify nonprofit news above the noise.