3banana Announces Winners of the “Share To Win” Challenge and Awards $10,000 to Top 5 Non-Profits for Using Social Media to Rally Their Cause
San Francisco, Calif., September 30, 2009 — 3banana Inc., a leading innovator of mobile information capture solutions, announced today the winners of the “Share to Win” challenge. The challenge, launched this September, was sponsored by 3banana as a philanthropic crowdsourcing contest helping health, environment and education focused non-profit organizations raise money and exposure for their respective causes while testing the sharing features of the company’s online and mobile note-taking software.
Over 50 non-profit organizations were nominated to the challenge. Each cause created a note on 3banana describing why people should care about their mission and then shared a link to their note through Twitter, Facebook, blogs, and email. 3banana selected the winners based on the number of unique users who wrote an online comment endorsing the cause.
The winners are:
• The SENS Foundation – Grand prize: $5,000 – Develops and promotes widespread access to regenerative medicine solutions to the disabilities and diseases of aging.
• Los Angeles Habilitation House – Second Prize: $2,000 – Helps create and maintain jobs for persons with disabilities and veterans with PTSD or traumatic brain injury.
• Disaster Accountability Project – Third Prize, Environment: $1,000 – Improves disaster management systems through public accountability, citizen oversight and empowerment, whistle-blower engagement, and policy research and advocacy.
• Art in All of Us – Third Prize, Education: $1,000 – Promotes tolerance and cultural exchanges by creative and art activities in schools around the world.
• Institute of HeartMath – Third Prize, Health: $1,000 – Researches stress, emotional physiology, and the heart-brain interaction to improve health, well being and quality of life.
Special mentions to the many great organizations that used Share To Win as an opportunity to rally supporters and spread their mission on social networks: Friends of Kibera, Model UN Society of the University of Essex, Kids Rethink New Orleans Schools, Digital Democracy, Engineers Without Borders, The Magical Bridge, Dexterity Sports and Literacy, Project READ and many others. More detailed information on all of the participating non-profits can be found at http://3banana.com/corp/share-to-win-results