10 Nonprofits Make 2015 Top 50 Mailers List
Target Marketing last week released its 2015 Top 50 Mailers report. The list, conducted annually and ranked based on volume of mail received by Who's Mailing What, includes entries from the automotive, B-to-B, catalog, nonprofit, retail traffic builders and travel/tourism sectors.
This year, 10 nonprofits were ranked in the top 50, up from seven in 2014. The highest ranking nonprofit was ASPCA at 15, a 10-spot jump from last year.
Here's the full list of nonprofits in the top 50, ordered by nonprofit category ranking. Overall ranking is in parenthesis:
- ASPCA (15)
- AARP (20)
- Wounded Warrior Project (21)
- Republican National Committee (24)
- World Wildlife Fund (26)
- Planned Parenthood Federation of America Inc. (29)
- Salvation Army (30)
- St. Jude Children's Research Hospital (35)
- The Humane Society of the United States (HSUS) (36)
- People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) (42)
Some interesting notes:
- Of the seven nonprofits in last year's top 50, two did not make the list for 2015: March of Dimes (17 overall last year) and Old Pueblo Traders (38).
- HSUS did not appear in the top 50 for 2014, but placed 36 overall this year
- PETA did not appear in the top 50 for 2014, but placed 42 overall this year
- Wounded Warrior Project jumped 27 places, from 48 overall in 2014 to 21 overall this year
- Target Marketing also ranked emailers for the first time this year. The top three nonprofit emailers were (1) Center for Individual Freedom, (2) Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee and (3) Democratic National Committee.
View Target Marketing's full 2015 Top 50 Mailers list here.