Getting Started With Independent Fundraising Events
Independent fundraising events (IFEs) are proving successful and lucrative for organizations of all shapes, sizes and missions. While it’s true that there are many benefits of starting one of these profitable programs, diving in carelessly ensures that you don’t maximize your revenue potential.
There are several options in how you structure your campaign, and it’s important to consider which is the best fit for your organization and potential participants.
The 3 IFE models
All-in-one: The all-in-one model provides your constituents a general opportunity to set up an online fundraising campaign, without directing them to specific reasons/occasions to fundraise for. The tools, communication and content are generic and can apply to any kind of fundraising activity. This option allows for quick, easy setup and does not typically require maintenance throughout the campaign.
- Simple configuration and maintenance of website
- Less expensive and shorter implementation timeline
- Easily incorporated into other organization campaigns
- Flexible to target different audiences at same time
- Great for first-year program as it allows identification of trends
- Content is generic so does not provide a customized experience for participants
- There are no “prompts” so constituents might not be sure of what activities are appropriate
Fundraising hub: The fundraising hub model allows you to define different reasons/occasions that your constituents can fundraise on your behalf. By customizing their registration pathways, you are able to provide an online experience specific to the fundraising motivations and activities. Examples of different activities that could be customized are: athletic events, memorial/tributes, community events, create your own, special occasions, school events and specific organizational campaigns (Spay Day, Awareness Week, etc.).
- Prompts participants in specific ways they can fundraise
- Provides a customized experience based upon which method they choose
- Provides opportunities for specific promotional campaigns
- Could be stand-alone