Fundraising Professionals of the Year Look Back: The 2011 Rising Stars
[Editor's note: The submission period for the 2014 Fundraising Professionals of the Year Awards is now open, with the winners announced in the February issue of FundRaising Success. Leading up to the awards, FS will highlight past winners.]
In the 2011 FundRaising Success Fundraising Professionals of the Year awards, six young fundraisers were honored as Rising Stars: Paige Cauthron of Covenant House Florida, Ben Gonsher of Southern NCSY, Denni Hill Peebles of Centers for Exceptional Children, Josie Premzell of Peel Heritage Complex, Eliza Temeles of MKDM and Christina Treat of Happy Hands Education Center Inc.
To nominate a peer, colleague, co-worker, employee, staff member, volunteer, client or agency partner for the 2014 Fundraising Professionals of the Year Awards, just send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with "FOTY nomination" in the subject line, and include the following information:
- Nominee's name, organization, title and e-mail address
- Your contact information
- A photo of the nominee, if possible
- Category of nomination
- Explanation of why you are nominating this person (500 to 1,000 words)
This year's categories are:
- Lifetime Achievement — For a body of work over the course of 30+ years
- Fundraising Professional of the Year — For specific fundraising achievements in 2013
- Fundraising Stars — For a body of work, a compelling project or special circumstance, an overall attitude or approach, etc.
- Rising Stars — Up-and-comers with fewer than five years in the sector
- Live It! Award — For fundraisers who champion causes and support philanthropy in their personal lives
- Best Fundraising Blog
- Best Industry Speaker
There's no fee to make a nomination, and the nomination deadline is Jan. 13, 2014.