Where Does Peer-to-Peer Fundraising Stand?
Over the years, peer-to-peer fundraising has risen in popularity among nonprofits, as well as supporters. It gives supporters the opportunity to stand on the frontlines with the nonprofits and causes that not only are important to them, but that they are heavily passionate about. Through peer-to-peer, nonprofits can engage their supporters by letting them be a part of their fundraising efforts and to play a bigger role in the community.
With all this said, where does peer-to-peer fundraising stand? Are event programs gradually declining?
According to the current Peer-to-Peer Fundraising 30, this year will pose as a very challenging year for nonprofits, especially for those that focus on event fundraising—it’s down by over $100 million.
But DonorDrive believes that by focusing on some quality best practices, nonprofits can come up on top.
Buck Rumely, chief revenue officer of DonorDrive, said in the “State of Fundraising 2019 Report,” Despite [the decline], DonorDrive clients in the top 30 programs nationwide increased their revenue by 17 percent.”
While it’s estimated that three quarters of event partipants don’t raise any money, Team World Vision proved otherwise. According to the report, Team World Vision activates 72 percent of its participants.
Additionally, Miracle Network Dance Marathon was named the fastest growing peer-to-peer fundraising program—growing by nearly 20 percent. In this report, DonorDrive shared best practices for ensuring that your nonprofit’s event program doesn’t fall short.
Here are the best practices that the report covers—teasers included!
• Recuiting. Getting participants to recruit with teams, and using social media to recruit.
• Retention. Boosting participant retention and recruiting through social and search
• Data. Democratization of data and real-time date for success.
• Streaming. Live fundraising is the most interactive fundraising yet. And also, how to streamline for more donations.
• DIY. DIY doesn’t cannibalize your events, questions to ask, how to show passion through DIY and creating an amazing fundraising experience.
You can read the full report from DonorDrive at goo.gl/mv9psC.