Save the Date: FREE Virtual Conference on Fundraising
What: All About Fundraising eConference: Engaging, Enlightening & Empowering Your Donors — a full day of sessions, roundtable discussions and networking opportunities all online.
Why: Integration and multichannel have been the buzzwords in the nonprofit fundraising world for a few years now. And a holistic approach to fundraising is, indeed, vital.
But more recently, the sector has come to embrace the idea that all of those channels are equally important ribs in the same umbrella: donor relationships. The days when nonprofits could drop a direct-mail piece, then sit back and wait for the donations to come pouring in are long gone. Today, nonprofits have to engage donors, and nurture long-term, trusting relationships that allow them and other supporters to become active, invested partners in the mission. When that happens, then the donations start to flow.
FundRaising Success’ very first e-conference — All About Fundraising: Engaging, Enlightening, Empowering Your Donors — offers nonprofit fundraisers of all levels, from organizations of all sizes and missions, practical, strategic tips on engaging supporters to draw them into the mission, enlightening them with poignant stories and pertinent information, and finally empowering them to advocate for the cause and become living, breathing brand evangelists who not only give themselves but inspire others to do so as well.
When: 10AM-5PM ET on Thursday, Sept. 24
Wow: Attendance is free. Registration is required. Stay tuned for more information. Questions about content? Contact email@example.com. To learn about sponsorship opportunities, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
It's Gold Awards Time Again!
Hard to believe, but the deadline for FundRaising Success' fifth annual Gold Awards for Fundraising Excellence already is fast approaching! All entries must be in our offices by July 10.
The categories remain the same as last year. They are:
- Direct Mail: Acquisition (50,000 or more mailed)
- Direct Mail: Acquisition (Fewer than 50,000 mailed)
- Direct Mail: Renewal (50,000 or more mailed)
- Direct Mail: Renewal (Fewer than 50,000 mailed)
- Direct Mail: Special Appeal
- Package of the Year: The highest overall points-getter among the other direct-mail winners
- Grand Control of the Year: Chosen from the controls in the Who's Mailing What! Archive
- E-philanthropy: For campaigns centered around e-mail and Web, with no direct-mail components
- Multichannel: For campaigns that combine any number of strategies, including direct mail
- Fearless Fundraising: For innovative, push-the-envelope campaigns that employ elements of mobile, guerrilla, social-networking or other cutting-edge strategies.
Like last year, entry fees are $125 for the first entry and $75 for each subsequent entry.