|PHILADELPHIA, June 6, 2017 — NonProfit PRO, a leading source for content on leadership strategy and management in the nonprofit sector, announced the winners of its 2017 NonProfit PRO Leadership Awards.
Each year, nonprofit professionals are asked to send in nominations for who they think are the best of the best in the following categories: Nonprofit Professional of the Year, Lifetime Achievement, Executive of the Year, Board Member of the Year, Fundraiser of the Year, Marketer of the Year, Technology Professional of the Year, Unsung Hero and Rising Star.
“The folks in the nonprofit sector are some of the most selfless, hard-working, dedicated and resilient individuals I know. They continue to put their best foot forward, while overcoming the challenging obstacles that come up on a daily basis—all with a positive attitude and a smile on their face,” Nhu Te, editor-in-chief of NonProfit PRO said. “Our leadership awards are a way for us to recognize those who work day in and day out to promote the social good of our communities.”
Here are the winners of the 2017 NonProfit PRO Leadership Awards:
- Nonprofit Professional of the Year: Michele Boston, founder and executive director, No Time for Poverty
- Lifetime Achievement: Vincent Strully, Jr., founder and CEO, The New England Center for Children
- Executive of the Year: Alice Estrada, executive director, Annapolis Maritime Museum
- Board Member of the Year: Don Mooers, National Judge Advocate General, Navy League of the United States
- Fundraiser of the Year: Linda-Adele Foley, director of development, Children’s Institute for Learning Differences
- Marketer of the Year: Paisley Demby, business services director, LaGuardia Community College
- Technology Professional of the Year: Moshe Hecht, chief innovation officer, Charidy.com
- Unsung Hero: Dee Mitten, president and CEO, Waste Not
- Rising Stars:
- Briana Berger, founder and CEO, coderGirls
- Billy Grace, director of digital strategy, Boys & Girls Club of America
- Colby Jubenville, PhD, director of the MTSU Center for Student Coaching and Success, Middle Tennessee State University
- Dwilene Lindsey, president, Children 4 Tomorrow
- Cari Guthrie Cho, president and CEO, Cornerstone Montgomery
- Beau G. Heyen, president and CEO, Episcopal Community Services
- Christina Lindsey, founder and president, Schooled in Fitness
This year, NonProfit PRO invited its winners to attend the annual NonProfit PRO Leadership Conference to receive their awards. Please see attached photos to see Alice Estrada, Linda-Adele Foley, Paisley Demby and Moshe Hecht receive their awards from Chris Lyons, publisher of NonProfit PRO.
About NonProfit PRO:
NonProfit PRO is the go-to source for nonprofit management and strategy. Developed for thought leaders and innovators, we cover topics ranging from internal issues such human resources, board and volunteer management to technology to tax and legal matters, news and, of course, raising funds. We offer a magazine, website and daily e-newsletter, NonProfit PRO Today, with a fresh look and quick, hard-hitting content as the go-to source for modern nonprofit professionals.
NonProfit PRO also offers a wide range of tools, including live, full-day conferences, webinars, video, our annual Virtual Show, custom publishing and more.