Now that your calendar year-end appeal has gone out in the mail, what is left to do? Well, if you take the “sit-back-and-wait” approach, you will be missing out for your organization.
Here are some follow-up steps that you may want to consider taking to maximize your appeal effectiveness.
- Send out a reminder mailing with pledge card and brochure.
- Send out periodic emails demonstrating vision/case.
- Update and distribute a pledge thermometer via your e-newsletter or newsletter, updated with new totals weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, etc.
- Conduct special ask visits if needed.
- Organize a special Thanksgiving thank-a-thon event.
- Implement a Giving Tuesday campaign.
- Send out holiday cards to major donors and e-greetings to others.
- Conduct telephone ($250 to $999) or personal email ($100 to $249) follow-ups to mid-level non-pledgers.
- Schedule an email campaign.
- Mail a calendar year-end, secondary mailing and email to all those not reached or responding.
- Develop and send a series of emails focusing on December 30 and 31.
These concrete tips will help you end the year off on the right foot, maximizing the effectiveness and impact of your calendar year-end appeal.
Just because your year-end calendar mailing has gone out does not mean that it is time to sit back and wait for the returns to arrive. Be proactive. Your results and the resulting impact for your organization will soar.
As a “top-in-the-field” Certified Fund-Raising Executive, who has been billed as one of LinkedIn’s top philanthropy voices of the year, Robin Cabral has the skills and experience to focus your efforts, drive your results and enhance your ability and confidence through easy-to-understand and informative strategies, tools and templates.
Helping fundraisers just like you excel and succeed in their careers through her unique programs, her approach is customized for those new to fundraising, wanting to excel in their new fundraising job or role, or advance in their career. She serves both fundraising professionals and executive directors alike.
She provides fundraising strategies, tactics and tools, including coaching, training and content for fundraising success.
Find out more at www.developmentconsultingsolutions.com.