Fundraising Around the World
In the May issue of FundRaising Success, we turn our focus to the international face of fundraising. The charismatic, highly regarded Tony Elischer is our Guest Editor and has pulled together a fantastic team of writers whose stories will give you insight into the fundraising efforts, challenges and successes of your peers around the world. Why is that important? Many reasons. Most practically, your organization might well be looking to expand its programs and fundraising outside of the U.S., and there are very real differences you need to consider. But in a greater sense, fundraisers — no matter where they’re from — most certainly can benefit from recognizing that the passion to right wrongs and change the world is universal, that we all have things to teach — and to learn — and that the tapestry of our humanity grows richer with each colorful and unique new thread we add to it.
It’s Gold Awards Time Again!
Hard to believe, but the deadline for FundRaising Success’ fourth annual Gold Awards for Fundraising Excellence already is fast approaching! Cut-off for entries is July 11. You can find the entry form here.
The categories will be pretty much the same as last year, with some minor changes. Categories are:
* Direct Mail: Acquisition (50,000 or more mailed)
* Direct Mail: Acquisition (Fewer than 50,000 mailed)
* Direct Mail: Renewal (50,000 or more mailed)
* Direct Mail: Renewal (Fewer than 50,000 mailed)
* Special Appeal
* Package of the Year: The highest overall points-getter from among the other direct-mail winners
* Grand Control of the Year: Chosen from among the controls in the Who’s Mailing What! Archive
* E-philanthropy: For campaigns centered around e-mail and Web, with no direct-mail components
* Multichannel: For campaigns that combine any number of strategies, including direct mail
* Fearless Fundraising: For innovative, push-the-envelope campaigns that employ elements of mobile, guerrilla, social-networking or other cutting-edge strategies.