Excuses Are Inexcusable
“I recently gave a presentation and was floored by the response. And not in a good way. I heard the following after I talked about ways to tweak a message to make it work far better — just by focusing on the audience perspective and speaking to audience priorities. Here’s the reason why this is ‘not possible’:
1. I don’t have the budget to do that.
2. I don’t have the staff to do that.
3. I don’t have the time to do that.
4. I don’t have the internal support to do that.
5. I don’t have the expertise to do that.
6. The dog ate my homework.
Okay I didn’t hear #6 but I did hear the rest.”
— Jan. 11, “No Excuses!” posted by Katya Andresen on Katya’s Non-Profit Marketing Blog: Getting to the Point.