Engage Conference Spotlight: Getting to the Heart of Major-Gifts Giving
On April 10, FundRaising Success is hosting its second annual Engage Conference. Engage is the only case-study-focused fundraising conference focusing on the keys to success from organizations that have successfully made the leap from just-getting-by nonprofits to powerhouse organizations. Leading up to Engage, we will be highlighting content from the participating organizations and speakers that we've published over the years.
One of the keys to a successful major-gifts program is having passion in your nonprofit organization, which in turn translates to passion in major donors. This past August, Veritus Group's Richard Perry and Jeff Schreifels provided 10 steps to getting passion back into your organization in their feature, "Getting to the Heart of Major-Gifts Giving." Here are those 10 tips:
- Fall in love again with the cause or people who benefit from your organization.
- Fall in love again with your donors.
- Celebrate out-of-the-box thinking.
- Have fun.
- Publish your vision and mission.
- Create and publish your list of values.
- Bring a person served by your organization into your work environment.
- Keep talking — always — about your donors and the people you serve.
- Get away from your desk and talk with others regularly about your donors and the people and causes you serve.
- Get emotional about things.
Schreifels will facilitate the major-gifts roundtables, "How to Land the Elusive Major Gift," at the second annual Engage Conference.