Engage Conference Spotlight: 11 Proven Strategies to Jump-Start a Small Fundraising Program
On April 10, FundRaising Success is hosting its second annual Engage Conference. Engage is the only case-study-focused fundraising conference focusing on the keys to success from organizations that have successfully made the leap from just-getting-by nonprofits to powerhouse organizations. Leading up to Engage, we will be highlighting content from the participating organizations and speakers that we've published over the years.
At the sixth annual Bridge to Integrated Marketing and Fundraising Conference back in 2011, Brad Sisley, chief operating officer at the Coast Guard Foundation, and Andrew Laudano, vice president of fundraising at LW Robbins, shared "11 Proven Strategies to Jump-Start a Small Fundraising Program."
Here are the 11 tips they offered:
- Mail enough names to acquire a meaningful number of new supporters.
- Test new audiences in acquisition with new messages and offers.
- Test your acquisition gift ask strategy. Lower entry points may increase participation.
- Mail at least six to eight times per year in renewal. Be there when your donors are ready to respond — because your competitors will be.
- Use your strongest campaign themes (pillar campaigns) each year in renewal.
- Test strong acquisition campaigns in renewal and vice versa.
- Use personal stories to create an emotional connection with donors. Testimonials and photos bring stories to life.
- Use long-term value analysis to identify the best acquisition lists.
- Develop a midlevel strategy to strengthen donor loyalty and upgrading.
- Create a new donor-welcome touchpoint to increase new donor retention.
- Offer donors a premium appeal in the renewal program if you acquired them with premiums.
Sisley and Laudano will team up again at the second annual Engage Conference, as they'll share the story of the Coast Guard Foundation's fundraising as well as facilitate roundtables on nonprofit organization and agency relationships.
To learn more about the Engage Conference, click here. And to register, click here and enter the discount code: FSNews100