DMA Calls For 2013 Board Of Directors Nominations
New York, NY, May 18, 2012—The Direct Marketing Association (DMA) Board of Directors today announced it is now accepting nominations for a limited number of vacancies on its 2013 Board of Directors. The deadline to submit nominations is Wednesday, June 20, 2012.
To be eligible, DMA Board candidates must be senior-level executives — president; chief executive officer; chief operating officer; chief marketing officer; etc., or otherwise outstanding in the field of direct marketing — and meet the following criteria:
· Have the authority to speak for their company, organization, or division
· Maintain a leadership role in the field of direct marketing
· Capable of representing their membership segment
· Currently a voting member of a DMA member company in good standing
· Available to commit to Board meetings held in January, May, and October
· Willing and available to serve on DMA’s Standing Committees
· Have no conflict of interest with DMA
The greatest need for DMA Board representation exists in the following segments:
· Client-side Marketers
· Digital/Interactive Marketers
Nominations will be evaluated by the DMA Nominating Committee, which is chaired by Executive Committee Member and Secretary of the Board Leslie Abi-Karam, Executive Vice President and President, Pitney Bowes Communications Solutions. The Nominating Committee will then present the status of nominations to the full Board during the Association’s annual business meeting, which will be held during the DMA2012 Conference & Exhibition, October 14, 2012 at the Mandalay Bay, Las Vegas. DMA Board members will vote on the final slate of Board nominees at this meeting as well.
For a nomination form, please click here. Completed nomination forms should be returned no later than Wednesday, June 20, 2012, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, fax 212.768.7353 or by mail: DMA, Attn. George McConnell 1120 Avenue of the Americas, NY, NY 10036-6700. If you need additional information, please contact George McConnell at 212.768.7277 ext.1616.
Get Social with DMA