Convio Adds Volunteer Management Features to Common Ground™CRM Database Software: Rapid Adoption by Nonprofits Continues
SAN FRANCISCO, June 22, 2009 — Convio, Inc. – the leading provider of online marketing, fundraising, advocacy and constituent relationship management software and services to nonprofit organizations – today announced the availability of core volunteer management features and functionality as part of its innovative new constituent relationship management software, Common Ground CRM. Convio is demonstrating the new features and functionality of Common Ground in booth 400 at The National Conference on Volunteering and Service in San Francisco.
“Common Ground is changing the donor database market for nonprofit organizations,” said Tom Krackeler, vice president, Common Ground. “Our focus has been to work with nonprofits to build a system that allows them to develop meaningful relationships with all types of constituents, not just donors, Common Ground is designed from the ground-up to improve the way nonprofits access, share and derive value from their constituent information, regardless of how each constituent chooses to show their support. Fully integrated volunteer management capability is a key ingredient for a comprehensive nonprofit database.”
The simplicity, flexibility and features of Common Ground allow the organization to create an overall systemic approach to managing relationships that match their organizational needs, and provides the multiple channels required for engagement and the diversity of opportunities that people have to participate with the nonprofit organization. By managing volunteers appropriately and viewing their engagement level in the same system that is used to manage donor and other constituent relationships, an organization can better understand and manage relationships so that both the volunteer and organization benefit. At the same time, the organization is able to better cultivate the relationship to optimize the individual’s support and enhance their giving.
Core Common Ground’s volunteer management features include:
* Track Individual Availability & Skills: Keep track of your volunteer’s schedule of availability and record appropriate skills that can be used to match them with upcoming job shifts.
* Participation Tracking and Reporting: All volunteer history is tracked for every individual shift, allowing your staff to identify coverage gaps and monitor results through reports and dashboards.
* Find Available & Qualified Volunteers: Filter potential volunteers for every shift by availability or qualifications; or combine the two to quickly identify the best match for your upcoming shift.
* Manage Shift Registrations & Attendance: Track shift volunteers including prospective volunteers, registered volunteers, and individuals on the wait list. Set maximum and minimum numbers of volunteers per shift and view quick summary counts per job.
* Integration with Donor Management: Combined with donor management capabilities of Common Ground, the volunteer management features help nonprofits find people, learn about them, manage them and develop them into the organizations most valuable supporters.