10 Social-Media Ideas for End-of-Year Fundraising Campaigns
Donors are engaging with causes they care about on social media more than ever before. For a wholly consistent supporter experience, be sure to integrate social media into your end-of-year fundraising campaign.
Consider using these 10 tactics to get you started.
- Around Thanksgiving, share the things for which your organization is thankful. Example: We're thankful for our hundreds of volunteers! More children in our community are learning to read thanks to your commitment and passion.
- Update your Facebook and Google+ cover images to match or complement your homepage imagery.
- Post an image of your mission in action to Facebook with a link to your year-end donation page.
- Record a short video solicitation from your executive director or board president. Upload to YouTube, and share on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and Pinterest.
- Record a short video of a recipient of your services expressing how he or she was helped. Upload to YouTube, and share on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and Pinterest.
- Create a slide presentation of images of your mission in action. Upload it to SlideShare, and feature it on your website and LinkedIn company page.
- Add your homepage image to your Pinterest board.
- In the last week of the year, call attention to the approaching a tax-deduction deadline. Example: Only four more days to make a donation that is tax deductible for this year!
- Share tangible descriptions of what a donation amount means for your mission. Example: A $50 donation will provide 150 meals for our neighbors who are struggling.
- Provide employees with suggested social-media text to share with their networks.