The Nonprofit Professionals of the Year Awards are an annual celebration from NonProfit PRO honoring some of the nonprofit sector’s best and brightest.
You can nominate a peer, colleague, co-worker, employee, staff member, volunteer, client or agency partner. Just look around you. There’s no doubt you know someone who deserves to be recognized for their efforts — and we’re looking forward to reading all about them!
The categories for 2023 are:
- Nonprofit Professional of the Year. While there aren’t title limitations, typically this person is a leader or senior member of an organization who took the nonprofit to new heights. Though they didn’t do it alone, their leadership was key to the nonprofit’s recent success.
- Fundraiser of the Year. We’re not necessarily looking for who raised the most money, we’re looking for nominations of the fundraiser who made the biggest impact for your nonprofit.
- Unsung Heroes. Everyone at your nonprofit could fall into this category, but who does so much for the organization, but gets little to no recognition? A board member? A marketer? Someone else who does it all? Let’s change that and acknowledge their important contributions.
- Rising Stars. We don’t want to put an age limit or title requirement on this award, but nominate someone who is an up-and-comer in the nonprofit sector. It could be someone new to the sector or new to nonprofit management — and anywhere in between.
- Lifetime Achievement. Unlike the other categories, highlight the nominee’s decades-long devotion to nonprofit causes and all the accomplishments along the way. We want to review their overall career commitment to nonprofits and be amazed.
There’s no fee to submit a nomination and the winners will appear on NonProfit PRO’s website and in its e-newsletter.
The submission window for 2022 has closed. Check back for the 2023 award nomination form.
Check out past Nonprofit Professionals of the Year Awards winners: