Moving Mountains: The 2018 Nonprofit Professionals of the Year
As spring arrives each year, I always look forward to checking my inbox to see the multitude of emails I receive for nominations for the NonProfit PRO Nonprofit Professionals of the Year. When the deadline approaches, and we close off any additional entries for the awards, the team here at NonProfit PRO gets together to collaboratively choose the best of the best for each category—and it’s no easy feat, let me tell you.
The stories for every single submission are nothing short of inspiring—and oftentimes tear-jerking. We come across some powerful, emotion-driving stories of individuals, and it makes us so proud to be a part of this incredible community. The nonprofit arena is filled with people who are creative, selfless, resilient and, more importantly, so passionate about the work they do and the people they do it for. You are all awesome, and (we say this every year) we wish we could award every single one of you, but, alas, that’s just not the way it works.
Without further ado, please join us in congratulating the 2018 nonprofit professionals of the year—NonProfit PRO style!
- Nonprofit Professional of the Year: Tarsha Whitaker Calloway
- International Nonprofit Professional of the Year: Michelle Winser
- Lifetime Achievement: David Pena, Jr.
- Executive of the Year: Dr. Matthew Naylor
- Board Member of the Year: Starr H. Purdue
- Fundraiser of the Year: Tabitha Glenn
- Marketer of the Year: Lara Banks
- Technology Professional of the Year: Kathryn Harriman
- Unsung Heroes: Steve and Mary Bryan
- Rising Stars