* Reach out. Post videos that get YouTube viewers talking, and then stay in the conversation with comments and video responses.
* Partner up. Find other organizations on YouTube who complement your mission, and work together to promote each other.
* Keep it fresh. Put up new videos regularly and keep them short — ideally fewer than 5 minutes.
* Spread your message. Share links and the embed code for your videos with supporters so they can help get the word out.
* Be genuine. We have a wide demographic, so high view counts come from content that’s compelling, rather than what’s “hip.”
* Design your channel. Go to Channel Design, then choose a color scheme to match your logo or other materials, and decide which modules you’d like to display on your public profile.
* Add banners and URLs. Go to Branding Options, upload your icons and banners, and enter any of the other options you’d like to use.
* Choose your top video. The top video on your channel automatically plays each time someone visits your page — choose it wisely. Update this video regularly to keep it fresh, or keep your most important video there as an introduction.
* Get donations flowing. Sign up for Google checkout, then go to your Google Checkout Options, enter your ID and Merchant Key, and choose donation amounts. Once you’ve filled in the information, the button will appear on your public profile and all of your video pages.
* Direct dialogue. Make videos that create a dialogue about your work and what you’re trying to achieve. Ask questions and solicit video responses.