Women’s Philanthropy Experts Take the Stage at PowerUP! Baltimore 2023 National Conference
More than 300 women’s giving circle leaders and members, philanthropic advisors and practitioners are gathering November 5 - 7 at PowerUP! Baltimore 2023 National Conference: The Spark Igniting Collaboration. Organized by Philanos, a national women’s giving circle network, this three-day national conference is for visionary leaders who believe in the power of women’s collective giving to create impact in local communities.
The Women’s Giving Circle of Howard County is co-hosting this year’s conference with regional giving circles and networks of philanthropic organizations, including Many Hands DC, Anne Arundel Women Giving Together (AAWGT), and Baltimore Women’s Giving Circle, to promote collaboration and advancing Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) within the sphere of collective giving. Across three plenaries and 20 breakout sessions, attendees will hear from 60 dynamic speakers representing national organizations engaged in philanthropy covering leadership, communications and technology, governance, and membership.
They’ll also hear from Philanthropy Together CEO Sara Lomelin during a panel Stronger Together discussing recent trends in collective giving and research findings that reveal the who, what, where, why, and how behind the movement, along with the impact of collaboration as changemakers continue their work to democratize and diversify philanthropy.
Philanthropy experts and speakers at PowerUP! include:
- Maggie Glasgow, Co-Chair, Philanos and Member of Greenville Women Giving Circle
- Buffy Beaudoin-Schwartz, Philanos Conference Co-Chair and Executive Director of Women's Giving Circle of Howard County
- Clare O’Brien, Philanos board member and DEI Advocate Initiative sponsor
- Sara Lomelin, CEO of Philanthropy Together
- Mary Kwak, board member of Many Hands DC and Philanos
- Michelle Hellstern, member of Anne Arundel Women Giving Together and DEI Advocate
The preceding press release was provided by a company unaffiliated with NonProfit PRO. The views expressed within do not directly reflect the thoughts or opinions of the staff of NonProfit PRO.