Top 10 Reasons to Do List Hygiene
10. You can use it to get insight on which donor demographics respond best to various strategies.
9. Donor data becomes outdated quickly.
8. Good data will help your organization successfully reach more potential donors.
7. Bad data = missed contributions.
6. Use it to target donors who might be ready to make larger commitments.
5. High-quality data will help you save on direct-marketing expenses.
4. Use it to generate awareness and visibility for your organization.
3. Effectively tracking donor behavior is a direct result of good list hygiene.
2. Two words: generate donations.
1. Because a well-maintained list is crucial for direct-mail success.
Tom Herrmann is executive vice president of marketing and operations at direct-marketing campaign consultants Mailnet Services. He can be reached via www.mailnetexpress.com.