Top 10 Online Video Tips
From the Nonprofit Technology Conference Session “A New Tool for Online Campaigns: How to Show, Tell and Activate With a Video-centric Microsite.”
10. Make a good video — short and engaging with a call to action.
9. Video early and often — repurpose material into new pieces.
8. Create a nonprofit channel on YouTube.
7. Organize a video contest to incite enthusiasm among your supporters.
6. Comments on YouTube videos greatly enhance the video’s ranking in Google search results on related keywords.
5. Widget it! Keep control over your videos while adding features. Create your own video widgets using tools such as Sprout Builder, Cosmo or SplashCast.
4. Feature your video on a landing page or microsite for direct-response campaigns.
3. Auto-upload to multiple video-sharing sites and track views using third-party tools such as VidMetrix or TubeMogul.
2. Coordinate outreach efforts for all distribution channels on a single day to reach the threshold for YouTube’s Most Viewed.
1. Optimize messaging from the story, to the ask, to the distribution vehicle, to the transactional landing page in order to convert views into action.