Ronald McDonald House Charities(R) Makes it Easy for Supporters to Give Back Through Its '30 Ways in 30 Days' Campaign
OAK BROOK, Ill., April 1, 2009 — In support of National Volunteer Month, Ronald McDonald House Charities(R) (RMHC(R)) is encouraging people to give back to their communities through the Charity's "30 Ways in 30 Days" Campaign. Starting in April, people can visit rmhc.org to get daily inspiration on ways to give back, reminding them that by volunteering they give families one of the biggest gifts of all - more time together while their children are being treated for serious illnesses.
"RMHC wouldn't be able to serve millions of children each year if it weren't for its strong network of volunteers," said Linda Dunham, chairperson of the Global Board of Trustees for RMHC. "More than 30,000 volunteers donate millions of hours, saving the Charity nearly $2 million annually. And, most importantly they enable us to help more than 10,000 families every day. This April, we're celebrating their contributions and making it easier than ever before for people to join our Friends of RMHC volunteer network and give the gift of time."
The "30 Ways in 30 Days" campaign kicks off a new partnership with VolunteerMatch. Through the partnership, visitors to rmhc.org can now search for volunteer opportunities at local RMHC chapters, and chapters can use www.volunteermatch.org to recruit from VolunteerMatch's network of volunteers, the Web's largest of its kind. In addition, RMHC will shine the spotlight on volunteers through a new online community powered by Facebook Connect on the Charity's Web site that provides a forum for people to share their personal stories, read firsthand testimonials from current volunteers and be inspired by the "30 Ways in 30 Days" tips on how they can lend a helping hand this April and year round.
Some of the simple volunteer tips included in the "30 Ways in 30 Days" campaign include:
* Prepare and serve a home-cooked meal for families staying at a local Ronald McDonald House(R)
* Help a local RMHC Chapter with a golf tournament, auction, gala or fundraising event to raise awareness for the Charity
* Stuff backpacks with school supplies for children visiting a local Ronald McDonald Care Mobile(R)
* Answer phones, greet visitors or do light office work at a local Ronald McDonald House or Ronald McDonald Family Room(R)
* Host a pizza party, ice cream social, or popcorn and movie night at a local Ronald McDonald House
* Donate at rmhc.org or drop off spare change in a RMHC Donation Box at a local participating McDonald's(R) restaurant