Network for Good Releases Q1 & Q2 Update to Online Giving Index
Network for Good has updated the Network for Good Online Giving Index with insights and trends from the first two quarters of 2011. This Index builds on data and observations from the Online Giving Study released last December and is updated quarterly to provide timely and relevant snapshots of the state of online charitable giving.
You can learn more at www.onlinegivingstudy.org/quarterlyindex.
Highlights from the Online Giving Index Update include:
- Overall giving increased for both Q1 2011 and Q2 2011, compared to the same periods in 2010.
- Charity website giving saw mixed results across the first half of 2011, compared to the same period in 2010.
- Charity websites with branded donation pages achieved five times more donation dollars, on average, than sites with generic donation pages.
- Disaster giving for Japan tsunami relief was a primary driver of Portal Giving in Q1 2011.
- Social Giving increased for both Q1 2011 and Q2 2011 compared to the same periods in 2010 due to a mix of disaster-related and personal fundraising campaigns.