It's Not Too Early to Think About Year-End
November/December campaigns should top off properly cultivated relationships.
- Test timing — Revisit your schedule to see if earlier/later mail and send dates might improve results.
- Dec. 31 — The most productive date. Consider sending twice (in the same day).
- Giving Tuesday (Dec. 2 in 2014) — Give it a try: Create a test campaign strategy around this date to kick off your year-end online giving.
- Test formats — Just because you’ve always mailed a certain package at year-end doesn’t mean an alternate can’t work better. Do you always mail a card in November and a letter in December? Then test flipping the order.
- Renewals — And be sure to include year-end donors in your first renewal in January. They typically perform well!