Introducing Beneflix: The Hottest New Online Address for Film and Philanthropy
Beneflix benefits to charities include:
* Increased exposure within the online community.
* Increased donor-base.
* Increased revenue.
Crafting the Best User Experience for Filmmakers
Anyone with a camera can upload their creations to the site for the fun of it, the art of it, to gain exposure or to communicate something to the masses. Filmmakers form Production Groups on Beneflix upload their videos, the endings of which are then voted upon by members. Think “Create Your Own Adventure,” but for charity. Screen writers are also welcome to introduce scripts to be used by these online Production Teams.
Beneflix benefits to filmmakers include:
* Beneflix becomes a promotional tool for real-world sketch groups and production companies.
* Screen writers are provided with a venue whereby they can showcase their work.
* Movies creating the greatest revenue will be featured on Beneflix’s homepage and will link to the production company’s Web site (if applicable), thus driving traffic there.
* Production companies raising the most money for charity each month will receive industry-relevant prizes (ex. state-of-the-art recording equipment).
The Beneflix Team
James Malley has been providing Web design and consulting services to non-profits for the last seven years. He is an accomplished actor and graduate of New York University’s Tisch School of the Arts.
Pat Powers left the University of Massachusetts nearly five years ago after being offered a full-time position as a software engineer and hasn’t looked back since. He develops Web applications that service millions of requests each day.
Jon McCormack is a graduate of Brandeis University where he majored in International and East Asian studies. His past experience includes time as a developer for Groove Mobile and he currently manages information technology for Beehive Security.