Calling All DoGooders!
The third annual DoGooder TV Nonprofit Video Contest, sponsored by NTEN and See3 Communications, has put out a call for submissions. The contest highlights organizations "using video to inspire and ignite social change," according to the contest Web site.
Winners will be selected from the following categories:
- Staff videos (videos produced, shot and edited in-house by your staff)
- Vlogs (a series of video blog entries about an organization, issue or event)
- Long-form videos (five minutes or longer)
- Short-form videos (less than five minutes in length)
- Overall winner (best of show)
Last year's winners were The Humane Society of the United States (overall and long video), Greenpeace International (PSA) and The Center for Constitutional Rights (short video).
Winners for this year's awards will be announced at the Nonprofit Technology Conference in San Francisco from April 26 to 28. Prizes include a Flip video camera, image licenses from Reuters and other video tools.
The deadline for submissions is March 26. Organizations can enter as many videos as they want; there is no fee to enter. Go to www.dogooder.tv/contest2009 to learn more or to enter the contest.