Blackbaud’s NetWits Summer Camp to Help Nonprofits Demystify Web Strategy
Charleston, S.C., August 11, 2009 — Blackbaud, Inc. (Nasdaq: BLKB) today announced the opening of registration for NetWits Summer Camp, a five-day series of web seminars covering what every nonprofit needs to know about its website, email marketing, online fundraising, social media, and related metrics. The “Camp” will be held August 24 to 28 from 1 to 2 p.m. ET. The event series is an extension of Blackbaud’s popular blog NetWits Think Tank, which focuses on technology, fundraising, social media and industry trends.
According to the latest donorCentrics analysis from Target Analytics, while online giving is proving to be a great source of new donor acquisition, online donors are not being cultivated to their true potential. And, while online giving still represents a relatively small portion of donors and revenue at most organizations, it is growing rapidly.
“NetWits Summer Camp is designed to help nonprofits understand and use proven Internet strategy techniques and learn how to effectively manage and measure them for ongoing improvement,” said Steve MacLaughlin, Blackbaud’s director of Internet solutions, who will present the series. “Having the best technology is only relevant if you know how to leverage it in the larger strategic context.”
NetWits Summer Camp will provide participants a broad knowledge of critical nonprofit technology concepts and how to best implement those technologies within their organizations.
Sessions will include:
· Websites Demystified – covering how a nonprofit’s websitefits into its communication, interaction, and engagement efforts.
· Email Demystified –featuring different types of email communication, ways to build email lists, and best practices for getting the most out of an email marketing program.
· Online Fundraising Demystified – exploring the many ways nonprofits are taking their online fundraising efforts to the next level and beyond the simple “donate now” button.
· Social Media Demystified – focusing on how nonprofits are using Web 2.0 tools like Facebook, YouTube, Flickr, Twitter, and many more to help engage and communicate with constituents.
· Online Metrics Demystified – This session will cover key online metrics to measure, what they mean, and how to manage them on an ongoing basis.
For complete session descriptions, or to register, visit www.blackbaud.com/SummerCampSignUp.
Blackbaud is the leading global provider of software and services designed specifically for nonprofit organizations, enabling them to improve operational efficiency, build strong relationships, and raise more money to support their missions. Approximately 22,000 organizations — including University of Arizona Foundation, American Red Cross, Cancer Research UK, The Taft School, Lincoln Center, InTouch Ministries, Tulsa Community Foundation, Ursinus College, Earthjustice, International Fund for Animal Welfare, and the WGBH Educational Foundation — use one or more Blackbaud products and services for fundraising, constituent relationship management, financial management, website management, direct marketing, education administration, ticketing, business intelligence, prospect research, consulting, and analytics. Since 1981, Blackbaud’s sole focus and expertise has been partnering with nonprofits and providing them the solutions they need to make a difference in their local communities and worldwide. Headquartered in the United States, Blackbaud also has operations in Canada, the United Kingdom, and Australia. For more information, visit www.blackbaud.com.