There’s a new trend emerging, and it’s taking the world by storm. Actually, this tactic is something that has been around for quite a while—and it’s remarkably effective—but we’ve recently been seeing it in the headlines in our sector of late: video storytelling.
It’s well-known that videos can make a significant impact on someone’s life. The visuals are able to trigger human emotion, whether it’s sadness, happiness or anger. MobileCause released a new infographic called “Video Making: Steps for More Giving,” and it highlights some great tips for creating videos that will drive donations.
According to the infographic, 70 percent of donors use video to research a nonprofit’s impact before making a donation. This shouldn’t be a surprise, because when you’re researching any kind of company or organization, would you rather see a picture, read an article or watch a video? We’ll take the latter, please!
Here are MobileCause’s five essential steps for making videos that drive donations:
1. Know your audience. Identifying the audience can help you create a video that speaks to those whom you are targeting.
2. Identify your goals. What is the point of the video, and where will it be shown?
3. Tell your story. This is where you take the opportunity to tell your audience about your organization and its mission.
4. Cast powerful characters. Your cast will be the face of your organization. These people will be responsible for delivering the driving emotion behind your cause.
5. Have a clear call-to-action. It’s important to end your video with an actionable takeaway—ask them to make a donation, register for an event or become a volunteer fundraiser.
These are helpful tips when you’re making a grand entrance into the video world. Click here to see the full infographic.