5 Organizations Redefining Philanthropy
We recently entered the fourth phase of the corporation. First, in the 1920s Alfred Sloan created the concept of the corporation with General Motors; second, in the 1950s Peter Drucker codified the discipline of management; third, in the 1980s Japanese introduced team and quality. And now we are in the fourth phase—the epoch of integrating purpose and profit. The leaders of integrating purpose and profit are redefining the concept of philanthropy. Below are five leaders—all with very different industry leading models—who share their thoughts on philanthropy.
- Daryl Brewster, CEO, CECP
- Suzanne DiBianca, EVP, Corporate Relations and Chief Philanthropy Officer, Salesforce.com
- Steve Feldman, Founding CEO, Renovation Angel
- Kathleen Ruddy, CEO, St. Baldrick’s Foundation
- Dan Sullivan, CEO, Collette