Infographic: Habits of highly-motivated fundraisers.
We often try to slice and dice event numbers in a myriad of complex ways to determine what make our fundraisers successful. Some organizations examine the tiniest of details, but maybe we’ve been overthinking how we identify success. We took a step back for this infographic and did a simple split in our data from DonorDrive events, identifying those raising better than average and those raising less. For our infographic we discovered:
- Better-than-average fundraisers tell their story. The term storytelling may be cliché now, but it certainly still works.
- Better-than-average fundraisers use email. Even as fundraising through social media and messaging apps erodes email’s supremacy in fundraising, we still see that email is a powerful tool.
- Better-than-average fundraisers love to be notified of their success. DonorDrive’s Fundraising Motivation Engine® allows participants to connect their text number and get notified on their phone when they receive a donation or hit a goal. This feature has proven to be big inspiration for those who use it.
- Better-than-average fundraisers use social media. Each year social media plays a larger role in DonorDrive’s fundraising, both in dollar growth and in encouraging the fundraising process.
- The 75/25 rule. 24% of the fundraisers raised better than average. This group raised 74% of the dollars.
What we’ve learned from this research is that recommending a few best practices to your to your less-than-average participants may be all it takes to get more into that better-than-average half and nicely boost your event revenue.