New Research Examines Donor Socialization and Social Venture Partners
• Create more experiential, interactive venues for learning.
• Provide ample opportunities for both intense and sustained development, but allow for individualization.
• Help donors that have little experience in the nonprofit sector with the translation process.
• Encourage and provide opportunities for peer-to-peer learning among donors.
• Learn about and complement where donors are coming from.
A resource for all those who work with donors interested in new forms of giving, “Becoming a Venture Philanthropist: A Study of the Socialization of Social Venture Partners” is available on The Center for Philanthropy and Public Policy website at http://www.usc.edu/schools/sppd/philanthropy/research/publications/papers/
About The Center on Philanthropy and Public Policy
The Center on Philanthropy and Public Policy promotes more effective philanthropy and strengthens the nonprofit sector through research that informs philanthropic decision-making and public policy to advance public problem solving. For more information, please visit www.usc.edu/philanthropy or call (213) 740-9492.