Firstgiving.com Reaches $100 Million Raised for Charity
* $40.1 Million has been raised for healthcare research and health services
* $20.5 Million has gone to human/community services across the US
* $11.9 Million was raised for international issues/foreign aid
* $10.9 Million toward environmental preservation and animal rescue/care
* $3.5 Million directly raised for educational programs
* $2.1 Million for arts and cultural programs
* The additional $11 Million went to a variety of other societal, religious and public works issues.
“When we have spoken with donors, about 30% of them indicate that their donations would simply not have been made without our service,” said David Karp, Director of Marketing at Firstgiving.com. “That’s at least $30 million dollars more that was available for important charitable causes. Year over year, more people are giving online and we are committed to making that process as easy and effective as possible for donors and fundraisers alike.”
Firstgiving.com’s dynamic, dedicated experts offer fundraisers ongoing insight into how to maximize online giving for their personal causes, driving individuals to do something extraordinary for others. For example, Firstgiving fundraising pages can be personalized with messages, photos and videos to tell the story of the fundraiser. Firstgiving has seen that storytelling is an act that greatly increases the amounts given for all types of causes.
“We serve a community of children with a wide array of disabilities,” said Jim Littlefield-Dalmares, Director of Marketing and Development for the Kentucky Kids Center for Pediatric Therapies. “With our annual Walk & Roll event, held in May of 2009, we’ve seen a 30% increase in online giving during our second year working with Firstgiving. Firstgiving enables us to focus more energy providing these children with skills and capabilities essential for future success than on the fundraising process while still bringing in the funds we need to offer those services.”