Storytelling That Gets More Donations
As its turns out, storytelling is not the mystical mumbo jumbo it’s made out to be. Instead it’s a simple thing that can be easily taught and tracked for its ROI (as well as its impact) on your organization.
The 6 most important facts about nonprofit storytelling.
- Nonprofits that have switched from telling tragedies to talking about happy endings are more successful.
- Organizations that create a storytelling culture find that everyone wants to tell their story.
- The easiest way to get supporters to tell their story is simply to ask them why they got involved with your organization.
- Every story has a hero, typically the person who got a participant involved with your cause.
- When a peer-to-peer fundraising event participant beats their goal, then increases it to challenge themselves again, they easily get more donations.
- Supporters who turn their fundraising journey into a story itself and tell about their progress and success through words, photos and video—raise more.
There’s plenty more packed in our 46-page eBook. It demystifies storytelling and gives you easy-to-implement plans for making stories work for you and to start generating more donations.