The Salvation Army Canada Increases New Donors Through Integration
Perhaps the biggest buzzword in fundraising the past few years is integration, as in multichannel integration and integrated marketing strategies to create the most meaningful and fruitful relationships with donors.
This past year, with the help of fundraising agency Grizzard Communications Group, The Salvation Army Canada used an integrated marketing strategy on its annual Christmastime campaign, branded the Dignity Project.
As a result of an integrated strategy that added communications such as transit ads, newspaper and magazine ads, digital ads, radio traffic sponsorships, free-standing inserts, movie screen ads, and more to its already established direct-mail program, the organization was able to:
- increase new donor revenue by 16 percent;
- increase Web traffic to salvationarmy.ca by 27 percent;
- increase online donations by 15 percent;
- increase new donor revenue in Calgary and Vancouver, both new markets to integrated marketing, by 32 percent; and
- increase the number of new donors by 8 percent.
Check out the video here provided by Grizzard on the campaign.