The (Proper) Care and Feeding of Mid-Level Donors
Much attention is given to major donors. Tons of energy is poured into getting the second gift or re-engaging lapsed donors. But an organization can’t overlook those donors who sit in between first- and second-time givers and the big leagues of giving. Lose them, and your major gifts will dry up sooner than you might imagine.
"The (Proper) Care and Feeding of Mid-Level Donors," the 11:10 a.m. session at Thursday's FundRaising Success Virtual Conference + Expo 2013 will feature Andrew Laudano, vice president of client services at LW Robbins, who will explain:
- Why donors fall out of touch and stop giving
- Multichannel strategies for keeping mid-level donors engaged
- When and how to start the nudge into major-gifts territory
The rest of the schedule is below. Check back here every day for a more detailed description of the various sessions.
The rest of the day looks like this:
- Opening Keynote: The Great Ratings Debate — Exploring the true measure of nonprofit success
- Lunch and Learn: Listen in as Nonprofit Board Members Talk about What Inspires Them
- Earned Income Streams: Why and (Most Importantly) How
- Talking Technology: Mobile (and Text-to-Give), Video, and Website Optimization
- Special Events (and Why Sometimes They Aren't)
- Creating Multigenerational Giving within Families
- Closing Panel Discussion: Top Survival /Growth Tactics for Nonprofits in 2014 and Beyond
It's a great lineup, with important discussions led by knowledgeable and engaging speakers. Plus, there are networking opportunities in our virtual lounge, and you can "walk" the exhibit hall floor and chat with our sponsors to find how they can help you in your fundraising efforts — just like at an actual physical conference.
And two other great things about the conference:
- It's FREE!
- It's entirely online, so you can attend from the comfort of your desk or home office or even that little place in Maine where you'll be bed-and-breakfasting. (It's OK, your traveling companion won't mind. Really.)
If you haven't already signed up, you can do that here.
PS: Even if you can't make it to the live event that day, sign up anyway and you'll be able to watch it on-demand at your convenience!
Hope to "see" you there!