Reaching Your Next Generation of Donors
As busy as you and your staff are bringing in donations today, the future of your organization relies quite heavily on nurturing long-standing relationships — not just with current donors but with those who will support your work far into the future.
As the members of the most active group of donors age and possibly cut down on donations in lieu of planned giving, boomers are the up-and-coming demographic for nonprofits to focus on right now. Then of course there are the Gen X and Gen Y "kids" and the millennials.
But what about the even younger generation? Creating a culture of philanthropy within families can help ensure continued giving and engagement for generations to come.
But how do you set those wheels in motion in the here and now? That's where the 3:30 session at next week's FundRaising Success Virtual Conference & Expo 2013, "Creating Multigenerational Giving Within Families," comes in. Join Sharna Goldseker, managing director at 21/64, as she interviews two next-generation donors — one from a three-generation family of giving that operates a formal foundation and another from a family with newer wealth that operates more informally.
Join the conversation to learn:
- What a truly engaged family looks like
- How to encourage families to "pass the baton" of giving and engagement
- How to present opportunities to include all branches and generations within families
The rest of the schedule is below. Check back here every day for a more detailed description of the various sessions.
The rest of the day looks like this:
- Opening Keynote: The Great Ratings Debate — Exploring the true measure of nonprofit success
- The (Proper) Care and Feeding of Mid-Level Donors
- Lunch and Learn: Listen in as Nonprofit Board Members Talk about What Inspires Them
- Earned Income Streams: Why and (Most Importantly) How
- Talking Technology: Mobile (and Text-to-Give), Video, and Website Optimization
- Special Events (and Why Sometimes They Aren't)
- Closing Panel Discussion: Top Survival /Growth Tactics for Nonprofits in 2014 and Beyond
It's a great lineup, with important discussions led by knowledgeable and engaging speakers. Plus, there are networking opportunities in our virtual lounge, and you can "walk" the exhibit hall floor and chat with our sponsors to find how they can help you in your fundraising efforts — just like at an actual physical conference.