The No. 1 Fundraising Skill Your Board Members Need to Master
You could also engage your staff and board leaders in a deeper discussion:
- What is going on at your organization?
- What are your biggest challenges right now?
- How much does it cost to help one person or do one good deed? (What's the math?)
- What are you tackling this year in your community, region or the world?
- Why is it so urgent? What is at stake?
I don't know about you, but I think this is interesting stuff. I think devoting your next board meeting to a full-scale discussion of these topics would be an extremely valuable exercise. Right?
And it would give board members "meat" to talk about when they run into someone who might be a potential friend, supporter or donor to your cause.