5 Keys to Get in the Door With a Mega-Capacity Donor
So you've identified your big kahuna potential prospect. What next? How do you get in the door?
Here are five quick tips to help you get that very first visit:
- Try to meet the prospect somehow at a social or civic event and introduce yourself.
- Find out where he or she has coffee in the morning, and "gently stalk him or her."
- Does the prospect belong to a certain club or organization, where you can manage to "run into" him or her?
- Does he attend the ballet, local theater, local ball games or his child's soccer games? Those are great places to manage to meet him.
- Get your board member to invite her to your gala or some other social occasion. It's always wonderful to have someone else open the door for you.
OK, now you have met the prospect. What next? How do you get her to agree to visit with you?